Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December Doldrums -- Not This Year!

It's the middle of December, with the holidays looming large on the horizon. The business of real estate is supposed to be in the doldrums by now, just ask anyone. Surprisingly, in my world it's exactly the opposite. If it were not for television shopping channels and the Internet, my family would have been unhappily searching for some indication that the holidays had not completely passed me by.

With a new listing in tow and a surprising number of offers coming in on another property I represent, I'd have to say the local market, like the weather on Long Island is uncharacteristically warm for this time of year. It's a boon for homeowners who've done everything right, only to be forced into a state of limbo, their future plans on hold while their houses vie for attention as the market sorts itself out. As the year comes to a close I'm happy to see more of a balance, with buyers in increasing numbers inviting sellers to dance. Whichever side of the transaction you find yourself on, enjoy this moment of sanity.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gena said...

Hi Geri,
Good for you. I'm glad that someone is busy! I can only hope that once I return from Hawaii, I too will experience a change in the Sacramento market.

You have been memed. Please go to http://www.sacramentorealestatevoice.com/2006/12/17/have-you-ever-been-memed/
and read all about it.

Have a wonderful holiday and here's hoping a great 2007 ahead!

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that it is in April, I am wondering what's going on, just as an interested bystander, not being in the business. It's a good blog, I hope you come back!

1:52 PM  
Blogger TLynch said...

Hi Geri,

Glad to hear that you are busy also, have heard mixed reviews from my realtor base also. Please let me know if i can help you with any of your financing needs for you customer base through Washington Mutual.
http://www.wamuloans.com/terrence.lynch

Thanks and best of luck!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Elmo said...

Hey, I just wanted to say Happy New Year and thanks for an excellent real estate blog. Please don't stop writing this stuff it is excellent. By the way, there is an excellent article on real estate at the New York Times here is the link: http://www.nytimes.com/pages/realestate/index.html

God Bless!
Real Estate Professional Websites and Marketing

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home