Friday, October 20, 2006

Dealing With The Tough Ones


I find myself faced with a dilemma. I'm preparing a house for sale that in the end has to hurt someone. There is valid reason for the decision to put this property on the market and I'm bound by my fiduciary responsibility and my wish to ease the latter years of the owner who is no longer able to function completely on her own. By selling the house we can create the cushion she requires to enjoy comfortable surroundings and give her family the peace of mind to accommodate her changing needs.

The other side of the coin unfortunately involves one of her children still living in the home who has to be uprooted by the process. If life were perfect, I'd split the house down the middle and sell the part that would ease her burden and keep the part that would make her child's life easier at a time when life has thrown him a few curves. It's never easy in these circumstances. As the days go by and the home takes on new life I see his sadness ever increasing. We're inching closer to presenting a desirable property to a diminished buying population and possibly rendering him, temporarily homeless.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, Geri, I wish you, your client and her family the happy ending that you celebrated for me. I'm sure you'll make as good of the situation for your client and those whom she had hoped to care for as is possible. Godspeed.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home